[1401_restoration_team] Nice thanks note from Earl Bloom (was Fw: Thanks for the Memories

Robert B Garner robgarn at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 21 13:52:01 PST 2009

A warm thank you and happy new years' note from Earl Bloom ...

----- Forwarded by Robert B Garner/Almaden/IBM on 12/21/2009 01:31 PM
-----

EARL BLOOM <swak at prodigy.net>
12/19/2009 07:03 PM

cebrans at nc.rr.com, Jim-I at att.net, mrfran at hughes.net
cc
TIM HAYES <tim4me_2001 at yahoo.com>, Jud McCarthy <JHMcCarthy at aol.com>, Bob
Weber <rew1643 at aol.com>, Robert B Garner/Almaden/IBM at IBMUS,
ed at ed-thelen.org, maygolf at juno.com, johnpokoski at comcast.net,
george.ahearn at comcast.net, farby1 at verizon.net, dhun.zwirble at ogilvy.com,
tschappe at juno.com, dsnowberg at aol.com, wig777 at stny.rr.com,
jtstanky at stny.rr.com, ajkisack at strato.net, jamesjmurray at stny.rr.com,
griffrees at charter.net, Luciabill at windstream.net,
brooksidehouse1 at yahoo.com, earnold2 at stny.rr.com, billindaf211 at netzero.net,
miki.dietrichsen at randrealty.com, jfickejr at stny.rr.com,
jcaprio at stny.rr.com, jjtpapa at aol.com, escherme at stny.rr.com,
navman at soundchisel.com, geraldnwest at aol.com, ruthmcadon at gmail.com,
jkane3 at stny.rr.com, ggallo3 at cox.net, rssculley at stny.rr.com,
jackjune55 at aol.com
Subject
Thanks for the Memories

       Chuck, Fran and Jim, I want you to know what a terrific experience
it was seeing you guys again and being reminded what wonderful gentlemen
you have always been and what great examples you were for young Engineers
like myself on the 1401. With your unique talents and leadership, you made
it all happen and played the major role in making what was an interesting
experience 50 years ago into an important part of computer history!
       Thanks for guiding me through that experience then and again
reminding me what a wonderful experience it was overall. As I said in
ending my poem Ode to the IBM 1401, " The accomplishments of that 1401
team are beyond measure, but the teamwork and the friendships nourished
then and there are an incomparable treasure"!
       You have my thanks, friendship and enduring gratitude for your
leadership and guidance to make that all happen along with my other
lifelong friends who participated!
Many of these friends are on the copy list but unfortunately many are no
longer with us to celebrate our joint accomplishments. I salute them along
with you and treasure their friendships and memory as I do yours!
                                                            Sincerely,
Earl Bloom

P.S.- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!