[1401_software] SIMH v3.8-1 for ROPE/1401
ron at apropos-logic.com
Tue Jan 5 23:26:14 PST 2010
The long-awaited upgrade to the latest version of SIMH (v. 3.8-1) modified
* Download http://www.apropos-logic.com/i1401r-v38-1-windows.zip
* Unzip the file to extract the executable file i1401r.exe
* Copy i1401r.exe into your ROPE/1401 directory (save the old one,
which is v. 3.3-1, just in case)
* Download http://www.apropos-logic.com/i1401r-v38-1-linux.zip
* Rename the file to i1401r-v38-1-linux.gz
* gunzip i1401r-v38-1-linux.gz
* mv i1401r-v38-1-linux i1401r
* chmod a+x i1401r
* Copy i1401r into your ROPE/1401 directory (save the old one, which
is v. 3.3-1, just in case)
If you are running Autocoder 3.13 from ROPE/1401, be sure to click on the
"Assembler options ..." button and select "Pierce IBM A" before assembling.
Otherwise, you will get runtime errors.
* If you want to build the i1401r executable yourself, download
http://www.apropos-logic.com/i1401r-v38-1-sources.zip. For either Windows or
Linux, compile with the GNU C compiler:
* gcc -o i1401r *.c
* All my changes are marked in the source files with /*RMAK*/
This version of SIMH is supposed to fix some defects, including the printing
bug. Full release notes are at http://simh.trailing-edge.com/. Let me know
if you have any problems.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 1401_software