[1401_software] Re: Object deck translation program

Bob Feretich Bob.Feretich at rafresearch.com
Mon Sep 26 20:00:03 PDT 2005

I don't understand what you are asking for.
Don't the below two tables contain the translations?
1401 "Full BCD" Encoding:
Numeric   b 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  2  3  4  5  6  7
Rows      b                      8  8  8  8  8  8
No zone     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 SB  #  @  :  > TM
12 zone   & ? A B C D E F G H I     . LO  [  < GM
11 zone   - ! J K L M N O P Q R     $  *  ]  ; MC
0  zone       / S T U V W X Y Z RM  ,  % WS  \ SM

Cardmation Encoding:
Numeric   b 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  2  3  4  5  6  7
Rows      b                      8  8  8  8  8  8
No zone     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  :  #  @  '  =  "
12 zone   & { A B C D E F G H I     .  <  (  +  |
11 zone   - } J K L M N O P Q R     $  *  )  ;  ^
0  zone       / S T U V W X Y Z  \  ,  %  _  >  ?

Example: If the object deck contains a Group Mark (GM) it should punch
as a 12-7-8.
To have Carmation punch a 12-7-8 we must give them  a |.

A good question is "How is the Group Mark represented in the object
deck?". I don't know that answer.

Regards,
Bob Feretich